It is recommended that tee-ball players wear cleats when playing. Cleats are worn when playing baseball to provide proper traction, avoid slipping, to give superior foot and ankle support and to aid in quick directional change. Improper footwear can lead to injury which is why we want our young players to have the proper equipment for their feet.
This will most likely be a one-season purchase as shoe size changes rapidly at this age. To keep it simple, I am listing four of the best cleats for tee-ball players. All provide excellent support and good value. Cleats may or may not be required by your childs tee-ball league. Check with the coach or league administrator to be sure.
Keep in mind that when purchasing cleats, you want them to fit snug. When your child is in between sizes, opt for the smaller size. A loose shoe can lead to foot or ankle injury. Snug fitting shoes will stretch when worn, so don’t be afraid to purchase a shoe that seems a little tight. You do not want to buy a shoe that is too small, be mindful of the difference between snug and too small. For more detailed information on baseball equipment purchasing, please read my article Baseball gear for kids – making the right choice.
Remember, we’re only trying to get one season out of these shoes so buy accordingly. There is a shoe size chart by age at the bottom of this page which should be used as a guideline only.
I have compared all the major baseball equipment sellers to find the best prices of the four baseball cleats I have listed below. These cleats are the most popular and highly rated. I check the prices regularly and continually update the page with the best value available.
If you have questions that have not been answered here, Please feel free to email me directly. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other Tee-Ball equipment pages by clicking the following links:
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tee-Ball Cleat Recommendations:
Featured size K13
- Other sizes available: K10, K11, K12, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0
If you’re looking for a solid mid-level shoe for your dedicated player, Under Armour’s® Leadoff RM Baseball Cleat is a great option. Take a look at this sleek style with its full-length midsole and two-tone walls. This and other design elements really set this shoe apart. It has 12 cleats designed to provide rotational traction as well as stability and acceleration. Through its synthetic leather upper, it offers a snug fit and maximum breathability, keeping your feet comfortable and dry all game long.
- Synthetic leather upper provides exceptional step-in comfort with added durability & support
- Mesh tongue for enhanced breathability to keep feet cool & dry all game long
- Full-length EVA midsole for added comfort, cushioning that evenly distributes cleat pressure under the foot
- Rubber molded cleats provide optimal traction & durability on all field surfaces
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
Featured size: K13
- Other sizes available: K11, K12, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0
Put your future slugger on the field in the All-Star cleats, they are designed to mimic what they see their favorite players wearing in the pros. A synthetic and mesh upper combination provides your youngster with a lightweight breathable fit. The perforated saddle further improves air flow while locking their feet in to the cleat for enhanced support and stability. The New Balance® All-Star baseball cleat has a rubber molded outsole that delivers maximum traction and performance all over the diamond.
- Synthetic and mesh upper offers a light and breathable fit
- Perforated Saddle adds even more breathability while locking down the foot
- Proven rubber molded plate improves traction and support for better play
Featured size: K13
- Other sizes available: K10, K11, K12, 1.0, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3
Your youth player gets both with the Nike® Kids’ Vapor Ultrafly Keystone Baseball Cleats. These cleats are designed with Nike’s® FASTFLEX Technology that helps promote improved range of motion as well as flexibility. You will get enhanced support and unmatched durability thanks to a synthetic leather and TPU mesh upper designed to offer a breathable fit while keeping your player light on their feet. The phylon midsole offers responsive cushioning that lends players support all game long. A 12-spike cleat layout will enhance traction, stability and speed so your young player will perform their best out on the field.
- Synthetic leather and TPU mesh upper with full bootie construction offers superior support, fit and breathability
- Phylon midsole ensures lightweight responsive cushioning while an EVA insole works to absorb impact and improve comfort
- Solid rubber outsole with 8 full-length cleats in the forefoot and 4 spikes in the heel delivers the grip and acceleration to elevate your game
- Flex grooves in the outsole promotes a more natural range of motion
Featured size: K13
- Other sizes available: K10, K11, K12, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0
Introduce your youngster to the game in the right cleat with the Rundown. A synthetic upper offers your budding star exceptional comfort, support and durability each time they lace them up. The adidas® Rundown baseball cleat has a rubber outsole that provides lightweight traction and speed for your up and comer to perform their best each and every game.
- Synthetic upper provide enhanced durability, support and comfort
- Rubber outsole offers lightweight grip and speed to help them perform on the diamond
Shoe Size by Age
Shoe Size Age