On this page, I have listed five of the best batting helmets for tee-ball players. These are the most popular and best-rated batting helmets for this age group.
The batting helmet, in my opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you will buy for your player. There are some very important choices that you will need to make relating to proper sizing. I will explain fully to ensure that you will purchase the proper fit helmet for your child.
First, every helmet I have listed below Meets NOCSAE® Safety standards. This can be determined by the NOCSAE label on the helmet.
We will now focus on the proper size of your Player’s helmet:
Make sure you know the exact measurement of your childs head. Simply measure all the way around your players head. With a soft tape measure, start at the forehead, just above the eyebrows. Measure all the way around the back of the head, and then back to the forehead. Make sure the tape is straight and sitting just above the ears. If you do not have a tape measure, use a string in the same manner and then measure the string.
The T-Ball batting helmet sizing chart is at the bottom of this page. You can also read more detailed information about proper baseball equipment sizing in my article Baseball gear for kids – Making the right choice.
Now that you know the exact measurement, select a helmet from the list below. You will notice that I have put the hat size in the heading for each helmet. After you select the helmet link, make sure you are ordering the correct size by verifying in the description that it fits your childs exact head measurement. Different manufacturers refer to each size differently. Some use T-ball, youth, junior, senior or adult as size categories, others do not have that many sizing groups and may use others. The key is to make sure the whatever the designation is, you make sure your childs proper hat size is listed in the product description.
For example: your childs head is 19 1/4 inches in diameter. Looking at the sizing chart below, you will see that they are a hat size 6 1/8. Regardless of what the manufacturer calls that size T-ball or youth, you will select the helmet with size 6 1/8 listed in the description.
Face guards may or may not be required in your childs Tee-Ball league. If they are, all of the helmets I have listed has an option for a face guard. Face guards are easily attached with a phillips screwdriver. Check with your childs coach or league officials.
Please feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions about making he proper helmet choice if it is not answered here. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other Tee-Ball equipment pages by clicking the following links:
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tee-Ball Batting Helmet Recommendations:
- Meets NOCSAE® Safety standards
- Traditional Coolflo Design
- Pre-drilled for Rawlings NOCSAE approved face guard
- 1-tone molded finish
This Youth Coolflo Batting Helmet is designed for the younger T-ball or youth player. It features a double ear design that is NOCSAE approved and is pre- drilled for face guards and contains snaps for use with a chin strap. This helmet also offers dual density foam for protection and a comfortable fit. The one size fits all design (6 1/4 – 6 7/8) contains 15 individual air vents to keep you cool and dry and a pony tail channel for a comfortable fit.
- Easton Youth Natural T-Ball Batting Helmet with Mask Fits players with a hat size of 6 – 6 1/2 inches in or a head circumference of 20 in – 22 1/4 in. With Easton Natural Tee Ball Batting Helmet with Mask, players can protect their face and head during play. This sleek and comfortable helmet has a slim profile with an aerodynamic venting system. To protect players head, the helmet has an interior of EVA impact foam and a strong and durable ABS shell. Its lined with Bio-Dri fabric to prevent moisture and to keep it dry, and its soft urethane foam provides players with a snug fit. Features: Aerodynamic venting system ABS shell for strength and durability EVA impact foam Soft urethane foam for snug fit
- New lightweight internal padding
- High impact resistant ABS shell for maximum protection
- Dual-density foam liner for shock absorption and comfort
- BioDri padded inner liner absorbs moisture
- Durable ABS plastic shell
- EVA foam liner
- Drylite liner
- Marked/Pre-drilled hole locations for mask
- Meets NOCSAE standards
Our newest helmet design, the B6 Fitted Batting Helmet is constructed with a durable ABS plastic shell and an EVA Foam inner core for superior protection and interior comfort. Drylite® liner helps control moisture. Comes with pre-marked hole locations for mask placement. Available in an array of colors with a solid matte finish. Meets NOCSAE standards.
Providing advanced protection and maximum comfort for players stepping into the batter’s box, the DeMarini® Paradox Protégé Pro Batting Helmet will help start their careers off safely.Superior Design:
Designed for optimal performance and a comfortable feel
Strategic venting system allows for maximum airflow
Dual density padding creates a snug fit that ensures your safety
Glossy finish lets your team stand out
Low profile shell for a superior fit
Meets NOCSAE® standards
Youth: Fits head sizes 6-7/8’’ and below
- Brand : DeMarini
- Country of Origin : Imported
Featured Color: Navy (also available in white)
Watch your first-timer start off strong this season as they gear up in the EvoShield® Youth XVT Fastpitch Batting Helmet. A perfect combination of comfort and protection, this helmet comes equipped with fully wrapped ear pads featuring a low profile shell for superior fit. A strategically engineered venting system will keep them cool during even the most high-pressure moments.
Dynamic Protection and Fit
- Fully wrapped ear pads for maximum padding
- Strategically engineered venting system
- Low profile shell for superior fit
- Premium high gloss finish
- Fits head size: 6-1/2” – 7”
- Meets NOCSAE® protection standard
- Brand : EvoShield
- Country of Origin : Imported
Batting Helmet Sizing Guide