On this page, we will discuss how to determine proper fit and selection of the best batting helmets for 7-8 year old players. As I have mentioned previously, the batting helmet, in my opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you will buy for your young player. How to determine the correct size is quite simple. Make sure to take the time to determine the exact size your player will need before selecting and purchasing a helmet.
Almost all players in this age group will be playing in a Minor League Division, either coach pitch, machine pitch or player pitch. Nearly all leagues will require a batting helmet with an attached face guard to protect against facial injury. The Little League division chart by age is at the bottom of this page. Check with your league if you have any questions about which league or division your child should play in.
Every helmet I have listed below meets NOCSAE® safety standards. This can be determined by the NOCSAE® label on the helmet
Let’s now determine what the proper size helmet is for your child to wear:
Make sure you know the exact measurement of your childs head. Simply measure all the way around your players head. With a soft tape measure, start at the forehead, just above the eyebrows. Measure all the way around the back of the head, and then back to the forehead. Make sure the tape is straight and sitting just above the ears. If you do not have a tape measure, use a string in the same manner and then measure the string. The Batting helmet sizing guide is at the bottom of this page.
You can also read more detailed information about proper baseball equipment sizing in my article Baseball gear for kids – Making the right choice.
Now that you know the exact measurement, select a helmet from the list below. You will notice that I have put the hat size in the heading for each helmet. After you select the helmet link, make sure you are ordering the correct size by verifying in the description that it fits your childs exact head measurement. Different manufacturers refer to each size differently. Some use T-ball, youth, junior, senior or adult as size categories, others do not have that many sizing groups and may use others. The key is to make sure the whatever the designation is, you make sure your childs proper hat size is listed in the product description.
For example: your child’s head is 20 3/8 inches in diameter. Looking at the sizing chart below, you will see that they are a hat size 6 1/2. Regardless of what the manufacturer calls that size Junior, youth, one size fits most or even adult, you will select the helmet with size 6 1/2 listed in the helmet specifications description.
All the helmets I have listed for comparison below fit hat sizes from 6 3/8″ to 7 5/8″. Most will fit sizes 6 1/2″ – 7 1/2 inch sizes. If you need a smaller or larger size, look at the description of the helmet to make sure your child’s size is included in the range.
I have compared all the major baseball equipment sellers to find the best prices of the five helmets I have listed below. These helmets are the most popular and highly rated. I check these prices regularly and continually update the page with the best value available.
If you have questions that have not been answered here, Please feel free to email me directly. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other baseball equipment pages for 7-8 year old players by clicking the following links:
- Bats for 7-8 year old players
- Baseball Gloves for 7-8 year old players
- Cleats for 7-8 year old players
- Bat Packs for 7-8 year old players
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Batting Helmet Recommendations:
One Size Fits Most (6-7/8’’ – 7-5/8’’)
Designed with a durable ABS plastic shell and sharp two-tone gloss finish, the adidas® Trilogy Fastpitch Batting Helmet also features climalite® technology and EVA foam padding that offers a comfortable fit that won’t sacrifice protection.
- Durable ABS plastic outer shell offers maximum protection
- climalite® wicks moisture away to keep players dry and comfortable
- Durable EVA foam interior padding adds comfort and protection
- 13 vents increases airflow to offer cool comfort
- Size: OSFM (6-7/8’’ – 7-5/8’’)
- Pre-mounted face mask hardware included
- Meets NOCSAE® safety standards
Fits size 6 1/2″ – 7 1/2″ (Multiple colors to choose)
Rawlings’ Coolflo® technology, first introduced in 2006, forever revolutionized batting helmet protection with its state-of-the-art venting system and sleek, aerodynamic look. Initially worn by all Major League Baseball athletes. Specifically constructed for the athlete desiring a helmet with an established history of excellence along with pro-inspired attributes, Rawlings Coolflo models will continue to redefine the standards of traditional helmet design
- Traditional coolflo design
- Meets NOCSAE® Standard
- Molded finish
- Sizing: 6.5″ – 7.5″
- Pre-drilled for NOCSAEAE® approved face guards.
Fits Size: 6 7/8″ and Below (Multiple colors to choose)
The DeMarini Paradox Batting Helmet is a helmet designed by the leaders in hitting, to appeal, to well, hitters. This helmet has a profile any ball player will appreciate. The bill offers optimal sight lines and the padding creates a fit you’ll love. Most importantly, the Paradox meets NOCSAE® protection standards so you can enter the batter’s box with confidence. Dual Density Padding covered in antimicrobial fabric sublimated with team colors. Glossy finish. Strategic Venting System keeps head cool. Low profile shell for superior fit.
- This helmet has a profile any ball player will appreciate
- The bill offers optimal sight lines and the padding creates a fit you’ll love
- Most importantly, the Paradox meets NOCSAE® protection standards so you can enter the batter’s box with confidence
- Dual Density Padding covered in antimicrobial fabric sublimated with team colors
- Glossy finish
Fits Size: 6 3/8″ – 7 1/8″ (Multiple colors to choose)
The Easton® Z5 Batting Helmet and Mask has a highly protective shell and interior padding that comfortably absorbs shock. Designed with comfort in mind, the Z5 has a foam liner system that keeps players locked in, with vents to allow maximum airflow during the action.
- High-impact resistant ABS plastic shell for excellent durability and protection
- Dual-density foam system absorbs shock for player safety and comfort
- Bio-Dri™ liner pulls moisture away from your head to keep you comfortable in the batter’s box
- Ventilation ports help cool air circulate for improved comfort
- Highly durable wrapped ears stand up to the rigors of constant play
- Attached face mask attachment for baseball or softball players
- Meets NOCSAE® standards
- Junior (fits head sizes: 6-3/8” – 7-1/8”)
Fits Size: 6 1/2″ – 7 1/4″ (Multiple colors available)
Designed to provide elite protection for players of all sizes, the Mizuno® Prospect Batting Helmet w/ Fastpitch Mask features a durable shell and mask without sacrificing the comfort elite players demand.
- Drylite® liner helps control moisture Pre-drilled hole locations for mask
- Meets NOCSAE® standards
- Durable ABS plastic shell EVA Foam inner core
- Two-tone matte finish
- Mask Color: Black
- Size: Youth (6-1/2’’ – 7-1/4’’)
Batting Helmet Sizing Guide
Little League Baseball Divisions by Age