On this page, you will find six of the best baseball gloves for 7-8 Year Old players. These are the most popular and value oriented gloves for this age group. The goal in selecting a glove for a 7-8 year old player is to have quality equipment that will safely allow players to catch the ball and be comfortable for them to use. Each of the gloves listed can be ordered in left-hand throw (glove is worn on the right-hand) or right-hand throw (glove is worn on the left-hand). The link for each glove is for a right-hand throw. If you need a left-hand throw model, select that on the order page.
Most players in the 7-8 year old age group will do well with a 10.5-inch glove, some bigger players may want a larger glove, up to an11.5 inch size. Some smaller players will be more comfortable with a 10-inch model. Most links for specific brands and models will give you an option to select a larger or smaller size. The baseball glove sizing guide is at the bottom of the page. You can also read more detailed information about proper baseball equipment sizing in my article Baseball gear for kids – Making the right choice.
Most of the links have multiple sizing options so, if you are interested in a particular brand or model, you can select the size that is right for your child after you open the link. I have checked the prices at all major distributors, the prices I have listed is the lowest current price available. I check all pricing regularly to make sure that the best possible value is listed for you here.
Remember, these gloves are going to be used for a limited time. There is no advantage to buying a more expensive model. The goal is functionality and safety. Your players enjoyment of the game will be greatly enhanced if they have safe, functional and properly sized equipment.
7-8 year old players will likely play in a Little League® minor coach pitch or machine pitch division. The Little League® division chart by age is at the bottom of this page. Check with your league if you have any questions about which league or division your child should play in.
Please feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions that are not answered here. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other baseball equipment pages for 7-8 year old players by clicking the following links:
- Bats for 7-8 year old players
- Batting Helmets for 7-8 year old players
- Cleats for 7-8 year old players
- Bat Packs for 7-8 year old players
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Featured size: 10.5 inch (11.5 inch size available)
Mizuno Prospect Series uses full grain pigskin leather, providing great durability, enhanced softness, and Mizuno’s innovative easy close technologies, making catching easy. All to help your Prospect learn to love the game.
- Patent-Pending Heel Flex Technology increases flexibility and closure
- ParaShock palm pad and Butter Soft lining reduces shock to minimize “sting”
- PowerClose makes catching easy
- PowerLock closure to maximum performance
- Helps youth players learn to catch the right way, in the pocket
- 10.5″ utility pattern
- Tartan Flex web
Lightweight, flexible, and with the Rawlings Sure Catch design, Mark of a Pro® Lite series gloves are an ideal choice for young athletes. With an all-leather, lightweight shell and a micro-injection Velcro® strap, this series is game-ready and sets the stage for the season.
- Youth Pro Taper Fit pattern ideal for players who desire a slightly smaller hand opening from the standard fit for greater control
- • Sure Catch notch provides even the youngest rookies more control to catch the ball
- • Neo-Flex™ back with custom fit, micro injection Velcro® strap
- Positions: Infield, Pitcher, Outfield
The A450 line of Wilson gloves are designed to look like Pro Stock model gloves worn by some of the top players in Major League Baseball. This Blonde, Dark Brown and Black 10.75″ H-Web model is perfect for young players looking to develop their skills.
- Blonde/Dark Brown/White Full Pigskin Leather Shell
- Youth Pattern
Give young kids a hand with the Easton’s Z-Flex Youth gloves. These innovative new gloves feature a 2-1-1 three-finger design, which combines the pinky and ring fingers to increase leverage when closing the glove. The Z-Flex palm and Hog Hide pigskin leather combine to provide lightweight performance and additional flexibility, and the Lock Down adjustable wrist strap keeps it all in place. The 1000 model has a 10” utility pattern and deep traditional woven web for versatile performance all over the field.
- Grab All Web
- Lock Down Adjustable Wrist Strap
- Perfect for Beginners
- Ultra-Soft Leather
- Youth Model
- Z-Flex For Easy Closure
Featured size: 10.5 inch (Available in 10, 11 and 11.5 inch sizes)
When your young ballplayer is ready to go right now, the Genesis is waiting for them. Built specifically for youth players and featuring buffalo leather and performance mesh, the Genesis series has a traditional, yet game-ready feel right off the shelf.
- Extra-soft materials for developing players
- Lightweight feel
- Game-ready off the shelf
- Smaller wrist openings for optimal fit
- 10.5″ utility model
- Closed back with Velcro strap
- Checkmate web
New for 2019 and new from Franklin! The Field Master Series offers an extensive line of quality synthetic leather gloves for the recreational style of player. This well-designed glove utilizes a thicker, more durable synthetic material. Franklin is able to mimic the suppleness and durability of true leather to provide premium performance characteristics. This model in particular will help outfielders track down fly balls in the gap and be ready-to-play from day one.
- DURABLILITY: Crafted of a thicker, premium synthetic leather for the recreational player that mimics the suppleness and durability of a true leather glove without the long break-in period
- ADJUSTABLE: The Contour Fit System that provides customizable thumb adjustments
- Features a hand-formed pocket allowing for easy scoop up or catch. Perfect for baseball, softball, and t-ball play
- SIZE: 11″ ; All Positions ; Basket Web design provides increased flexibility for all positions of play
- Right Hand Throw = Glove is worn on player’s left hand
Baseball Glove Sizing Guide
Little League® divisions by Age