Baseball cleats are worn to protect players from foot and ankle injuries. Players of all ages wear cleats to provide proper traction, avoid slipping, give superior foot and ankle support and to aid in quick directional change. A properly fitted cleat will greatly reduce the chance of injury. On this page, we will discuss the different types of cleats available for this age group, how to choose the best cleat for your player and finally to highlight, with detail and pricing, several of the best baseball cleats for 13-14 year old players.
Styles of Baseball Cleats
Designed for speed, not stability, low tops allow you to make quicker lateral movements and the style and light weight helps players sprint across the field or down the base path as fast as possible.
Designed to give moderate ankle support while still affording easy movement on the field. A mid top cleat is a good choice for extra support to help prevent ankle injury.
A high top cleat will offer far better ankle support. If your player has suffered an ankle or foot injury previously, a high top cleat is likely the best choice. High top cleats are designed to extend over the ankle to provide extra support, especially when moving laterally.
Another important feature when looking at cleats is a reinforced toe. This protects the toe of the shoe from scuffing and damage. Most of all, you should choose the style and type of cleat that is most comfortable. Below, you will find links to the best baseball cleats for 13-14 year old players. The cleats listed are the highest rated and offer the best value.
While cleats are a vital piece of safety equipment, this will likely be a shorter-term purchase as shoe size can still change rapidly at this age. The best advice is to purchase the best cleat you can afford, keeping in mind that an inexpensive, ill-fitting cleat is not a good buy. All the cleats I have listed provide excellent support and good value. I have compared all the major baseball equipment sellers to find the best prices on these cleats. Below you will find several of the most popular and highly rated models. I have listed cleats in all price categories to include all styles (low, mid and high top) so there should be something here that will meet nearly everyone’s needs.
I regularly check the pricing of all items listed on this page and update them accordingly. When I find better value with a different seller, I will change my listing to reflect the best value found today. I continually do comparisons, so you don’t have to!
All cleats featured for this age group are made of rubber, metal cleats likely will not be allowed in most leagues. Nearly all youth baseball leagues prohibit the use of metal cleats. It’s best to check with your league to find out which cleats are legal. Ask your coach or league administrator if you have any questions regarding what type of cleat is required.
Keep in mind when purchasing cleats you want a snug fit. When your player is in between sizes, opt for the smaller size. A loose shoe can lead to foot or ankle injury. Snug fitting shoes will stretch when worn, so don’t be afraid to purchase a shoe that seems a little snug. You do not want to buy a shoe that is too small, be mindful of the difference between snug and too small. For more detailed information on baseball equipment purchasing, please read my article Baseball gear for kids – making the right choice.
There is a cleat size chart at the bottom of this page which should be used as a guideline only
If you have questions that have not been answered here, Please feel free to email me directly. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other baseball equipment pages for 13-14 year old players by clicking the following links:
- Bats for 13-14 year old players
- Gloves for 13-14 year old players
- Batting Helmets for 13-14 year old players
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Low-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M14.0) 8 colors to choose from
Put your five tools on display in these baseball cleats. Built with extra lock down for stability as you swing for the fences, they feature full-length cushioning for comfort and flexibility for nine innings. An abrasion-resistant toe cap provides durability that lasts the whole season. The TPU outsole plate offers enhanced traction and grip as you dig out grounders in the dirt or chase down fly balls in the outfield.
Bounce cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility
Ironskin toe cap provides superior abrasion resistance in key toe-drag area
Moulded Stealtrax TPU outsole plate is designed for baseball-specific movements and provides metal-like cleat performance and traction while playing any position on the field
Low-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M15.0) Black/white only
Hit the diamond ready to make a difference for your team in the Under Armour® Harper 3 baseball cleat, which features a rubber molded outsole for maximum traction and Charged Cushioning® for enhanced speed and power. Labels. Hype. Haters. Chatter. Forget about it. The UA Harper 3 is all business and ready to do some damage. Whoever. Whenever. Wherever. Whatever. Let’s play.
- Lightweight textile upper looks & feels like a sneaker, but performs like a cleat
- TPU coating for increased durability & protection
- Plush sockliner molds perfectly to your foot
- Charged Cushioning® midsole converts impact into explosive speed & power on the diamond
- Rubber molded cleats provide optimal traction & durability for all field surfaces
Low-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M5.0 – M16.0) 7 colors to choose from
The updated 4040v4 TPU Molded Cleat features an ultra-flexible and supportive plate, and is now lighter than before. Low-cut molded cleat also has a REVlite midsole for responsive cushioning that won’t hold you back. And mesh upper offers durability and breathability to help you compete inning after inning.
- Debris-free tongue
- Full-length REVlite RC® midsole
- NB Baseball data driven platform
- Proven and trusted TPU outside plate
- Synthetic/nubuck upper
- Toe protect
- TPU molded cleats
Low-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M15.0) 8 colors to choose from
Make an impact on the game with your speed when you wear NIKE Alpha Huarache Varsity Low MCS Molded Cleats. With a durable, synthetic leather upper and Lunarlon midsole, these men’s baseball cleats offer optimal comfort on the diamond, while its cleat configuration gives you the dirt-digging traction and multi directional support needed for an improved performance. Designed for the player looking to gear up for the new season without breaking the bank the Nike® Alpha Huarache Varsity baseball cleats offer you everything you are looking for.
- Synthetic leather upper offers stability and durability
- Padded heel and molded Phylon midsole provide optimal comfort and support
- Molded 11-stud outsole delivers enhanced traction for improved multi directional movement
Mid-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.0 – M15.0) Black/White Only
Perform your best this season in the Mizuno® 9 Spike® Erupt 3. A Dynamic Synthetic Leather® upper with lateral stiffening overlays provides comfort and durability. The 9 Spike Advanced Erupt 3 baseball cleats has a full-length EVA midsole that delivers maximum comfort and shock absorption while a 9 Spike outsole configuration with ground grip ensures extraordinary ground traction and speed on a variety of surfaces.
- Dynamic Synthetic Leather® upper and lateral stiffening overlays offers durable construction
- Full-length EVA footbed ensures unmatched cushioning, comfort and shock absorption
- ProFlex improves forefoot flex response through multi-zone flex points
- 9-Spike outsole layout with ground grip provides superior traction and performance
- Designed versatility for baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, field hockey, and rugby
- Weight: 12 oz
Mid-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M14.0) 3 colors to choose from
Get out there tear it up this season in the UA Leadoff RM. A synthetic leather upper provides you with instant comfort, durability and support while a mesh tongue improves breathability keeping your feet cool all game long. The Under Armour Leadoff baseball cleats has a full-length EVA midsole that offers maximum padding to help disperse cleat pressure evenly throughout the foot. A rubber molded outsole and cleat pattern delivers you unmatched grip and durability for top-notch performance on any field surfaces.
- Synthetic leather upper provides exceptional step-in comfort with added durability & support
- Mesh tongue adds enhanced breathability to keep feet cool & dry all game long
- Full-length EVA midsole for added comfort, cushioning & help to disperse cleat pressure
- Rubber Molded cleats provide optimal traction & durability for all field surfaces
- Weight: 13 oz.
Mid-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M12.0) 3 colors to choose from
Show off your skills in the Alpha Huarache Pro. A synthetic leather upper offers you enhanced support and durability while a mesh tongue keeps your feet cool and comfortable all game long. The three-quarter height collar improves ankle support and stability. The Nike® Alpha Huarache Pro baseball cleats has a TPU plate and stud layout that provides you with exceptional traction, speed and performance for improved play.
- Synthetic leather upper provides support and durability
- Mesh tongue enhances ventilation to keep your foot cool
- 3/4-height collar adds ankle support without sacrificing mobility.
- Phylon midsole minimizes stud pressure for a smooth underfoot fee
- TPU plate offers durability and aggressive traction
Mid-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M7.0 – M12.0) Black/White only
The Jordan XIII Retro MCS provides a comfortable, supportive fit while delivering iconic style. This shoe features a durable upper to power you through games in all different conditions, while its molded outsole gives you the traction that you need for explosive movements.
- Synthetic-leather and textile upper is durable and supportive.
- Cleated TPU plate has lightweight, durable traction
High-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M6.5 – M11.5) Black/White only
Relive a scene from baseball cinema history each time you step on the diamond in the Sandlot Center Hi. This limited edition cleats has a reinforced canvas upper with toe protect to assure durability and protection. The PF Flyers Sandlot Center Hi baseball cleats has a REVlite midsole that delivers optimum responsiveness and improved support. A Compv1 sole plate with 9-spike configuration provides you with exceptional traction, speed and performance while you’re tearing it up on the field.
- Limited edition “PF Flyer” cleats celebrate the anniversary of the “PF Flyers’” from the iconic baseball movie Sandlot
- Reinforced Canvas Upper for a supportive and durable fit
- Durable Toe Protect keeps your feet covered with an extra layer of protection
- REVlite midsole provides long-lasting comfort and responsiveness
- Compv1 sole plate with 9-spike layout and secondary spikes deliver enhanced traction, acceleration and play
High-Top Cleat (Available in sizes M7.0 – M15.0) 4 colors to choose from
Built for containment and comfort on the field, the Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 2 Mid features both Nike Air and Zoom Air for optimal underfoot cushioning. Its 9-stud design gives you traction and stability, offering you the versatility needed to excel at every position.
- Breathable mesh tongue features internal core straps to prevent debris from entering the shoe
- Double-strap at the mid foot and ankle provides stability and a secure fit
- Nike Air unit in the heel and Zoom Air unit in the forefoot provide underfoot comfort
- Rilsan® TPU insert embedded under the stud pattern, strategically placed flex points provide flexible snap
- 11-stud configuration for excellent traction and durability
Baseball Cleat Sizing Chart