- On this page, I have listed six of the best baseball bats for tee-ball players. These are the most popular and best-rated bats for this age group. The goal in selecting a bat for a beginner is to have a bat that will allow your player to hold the bat comfortably and to be able to swing easily while holding the bat level.
Bats that are authorized for play changes on January 1, 2018. Rules established by Little League International states: “Under the USABat standard, certified Tee Ball bats (26″ and shorter) will feature the USA Baseball mark and text which reads ONLY FOR USE WITH APPROVED TEE BALLS. All Tee Ball bats must feature the USA Baseball mark and accompanying text.”NOTE: Approved Tee Ball bats may also be used for Coach Pitch/Machine Pitch Minor Divisions only with the use of approved Tee Balls. All bats listed on this page meets USABat standards.
Most beginners will do well with a T-ball bat that measures either 24˝, 25˝ or 26˝ in length and each of those sizes will have a weight associated with it. An entry-level T-ball bat will typically be a “drop 10” (-10), which is the bat’s length minus its weight. So, for example, if your child has a bat that’s 25˝, a drop of -10 means the bat has a weight of 15 ounces. A bat with a -10 is usually the heaviest, while a bat with “drop 13” (-13) will be the lightest. You will have the option to select a length and weight on each of the links listed below.
Approved bats receive a USA Baseball® stamp above the grip.
The T-Ball bat sizing chart is at the bottom of the page. You can also read more detailed information about proper baseball equipment sizing in my article Baseball gear for kids – Making the right choice.
Remember, these bats are going to be used for a limited time. There is no advantage to buying a more expensive model, instead focusing on the proper length and weight. Remember, the lighter bats for smaller players, (with a drop of 13) will cost a little more. The goal is functionality and safety. Your players enjoyment of the game will be greatly enhanced if they have safe, properly sized equipment.
I have checked the prices at all major distributors, the prices I have listed are the lowest current price. I check all pricing regularly to make sure that the best possible value is listed for you here.
Please feel free to email me directly if you have specific questions that are not answered here. You can reach me at Harley@baseballequipmentpro.com
Please visit my other Tee-Ball equipment pages by clicking the following links:
This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I may earn a referral fee if you purchase products through one of my links, without any additional cost to you.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tee-Ball Bat Recommendations:
-13 length to weight ratio – 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter – TP Composite Handle for light flex and more performance – Approved for play in USA Baseball
- Top composite handle for light flex and more performance
- 2-1/4 inch barrel
- Meets new USA Baseball standard
- 1-year Warranty
The all new 2019 Easton Beast 1-Piece bat is constructed of lightweight and durable ALX50 Aircraft Grade Alloy for extended durability. All-Sports grip provides comfort. Comes with a 1-year warranty from Easton. – -10 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – 1-Piece, ALX50 Aircraft Grade Alloy – Approved for USA Baseball
- 1-piece design 2 1/4 inch design with rolled end
- Lightweight and durable Alx50 tm aircraft grade alloy construction
- All-Sports grip provides comfort
- Approved for play in aabc, Babe Ruth, cal ripken, dixie Youth, little League, & pony
Featured size: 26 in/14 oz (25 in/13 oz and 26 in/14 oz sizes available)
This Raptor T-Ball bat features a durable alloy for consistent performance and a perimeter-weighted end cap that transfers energy and reduces swing weight.
- Durable alloy construction
- Consistent performance
- Perimeter-weighted end cap
- Reduced swing weight
- Made in the U
This 2019 Mizuno HotMetal tee ball bat (TB19HM13) offers a drop 13 length to weight ratio, a 2 1/4-inch barrel diameter, and is USA Baseball approved. This means it will be eligible for all tee ball games and tournaments governed by USA Baseball.
- One-Piece Construction For Maximum Mobility & Durability
- -13 Length To Weight Ratio
- 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter
- Balanced Swing Weight
- Hot Metal Alloy Barrel Delivers Maximum Performance
Featured sizes: 24 in/13 oz, 25 in/14oz and 26in/15oz sizes available)
The patented Axe Handle fits perfectly in your hand, giving you a more stable grip, and allowing you to swing faster with more barrel control. For Tee-ball players (ages 4-6) and beginners focused on learning the fundamentals of the swing.
- 1-Piece alloy construction
- Performance LP Alloy Barrel-2-1/4″
- Youth Axe Handle designed for a child’s smaller hands
- Conforms to USABat standard, approved for play in USA Baseball, including Little League, Babe Ruth, Dixie Youth, Pony, and AABC
- Recommended for tee ball, or coach pitch with approved tee balls only
Featured size: 25 in/15 oz (24 in/14 oz and 26 in/16oz sizes available)
- USA Baseball Certified to meet the new 2018 Little League bat standards, only for use with approved tee balls
- Official Little League regulation 2¼” barrel with (-10) drop lightweight construction for increased bat speed
- Durable aluminum alloy construction for high performance and increased “pop”
- Hi-tack perforated grip for increased handle and control
- Balanced weight distribution to ensure a smooth swing path
T-Ball Bat Sizing Chart